Thursday, October 2, 2008

United Way Fun Run

Last Saturday we went out to State Farm Park to participate in the United Way 5K Run/Walk, and kids Fun Run. The weather was perfect and there was a nice turn out. Brad ran the 5K, which is 3.2 miles, I wouldn't know that if he didn't tell me. I pushed the girls, in the double stroller, for the 3.2 miles. That was a little more difficult then just walking and not pushing anything! When Brad was done he came back and finished walking with us. The girls enjoyed it but by the end of the walk they were definitely ready to get out! After the run/walk was done they had a Fun Run for kids. They had a spot for different age groups to start at and then they ran through the finish line and each got a medal, which the girls really liked. After that we walked down to the large shelter and they had drinks, cookies and bagels and we listened to the presentations, then played at the park for a little bit and went home. It was nice to get out as a family, especially with the girls having colds a couple weeks ago and Brad working on the house it had seemed like awhile where we had done something together. The best part is all the money all goes to a great organization!


Here we are getting ready to start the race. I'm not sure what kind of look Kaylee is giving.


We're off! I carried Ainsley most of the way, it was only 1/4 mile, so we could keep up with Kaylee, toward the end Kaylee let go of my hand and was on her own. After she informed me next time I didn't need to run with her and I could just watch her like we watch Daddy because she is a big girl! So now I know :)


Here she is on her own. I'm not sure what kind of look I'm giving in this picture....

We're getting closer to the finish line here. Brad was trying to push the stroller ahead and take photos.
This is Kaylee after the race admiring her medal. They both really liked them and even Ainsley will put it on and walk around with it at home.


Here we are all after the race and the girls with their medals. They both ran across the finish line, I just held both their hands to try to avoid anyone being trampled. We finished in 3 minutes! We are SUPER FAST!!!

2 comments:

Myra Duffy said...

Congratulations to you and your girls on a job well done. You are certainly modeling compassion and good citizenship for your children.
Myra

Christina said...

How fun! Good for you to get out there and participate!! I love the pictures of you and the girls. Kaylee looks so proud of her medal. Adorable!