Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Birthday Photos

One of the nice things about the girls having May birthdays is we can now go once a year and get an updated family photo and updated photos of them together and individually. I'm OK with spending a little more money now, since we only go once a year. Notice I said "I'm" not "we", you all know why that is. HEHE!
We typically go to Portrait Innovations. I have always had good experience with them and like that I can get my photos that day. I had looked at possibly going to a photographer this year, but quite honestly they are REALLY expensive. As I said I'm OK with spending a little more money, but not wedding photographer prices. Most have a session fee and then the package prices on top of that. Through Portrait I can get photos for us and for grandparents, etc.
So we went on Ainsley's birthday. This wasn't my most favorite Portrait experience, but we still got good photos and I upgraded from the 6 pose to the 8 pose, plus I always do the $9.99 of the family, because really how many poses of the family do you need.

Brad felt I was a little mean to the girl that helped us. I don't think I was mean, I think I just was honest in the photos I liked and didn't. I wasn't very excited about any of our family pictures, at one point I thought I was going to cry. We had done the photos and then Brad had to come to work for an unexpected conference call and the girls were ready to be done, so I feared we wouldn't get a family photo. I think that Portrait has had a lot of the people that had been there from their opening leave, so I'm sure many of the people are just learning the ropes to the photography. I felt like the person taking photos would wait for everything to be perfect rather than just snapping away, and the other person would just focus on Ainsley so then Kaylee would be not looking. This was mostly in regards to the family portrait. However I had no problem filling all my poses so it turned out just fine.

Here are some of my favorites:
They had us do one of just Brad and I together. It's not something I had intended but we did end up getting one and our parents seem to like them. We actually got one on a white background, but it doesn't show as well on the CD.

The Busing Family 2009

My May Babies!
Kaylee McKenna 4 years old

Those eyes get me every time!
A little sweet mixed with sassy!


Ainsley Isabella 2 years old!

I didn't get one of these, but I thought her expression was so funny! Sort of a cross between "Cheese" and "I'll get you, Grrrrrr!"

3 comments:

Kara said...

Great photos!! I get stressed out when we go. I have a love/hate relationship with Portrait Innovations. Most of the time I've been really happy. Your girls are adorable. I can see both you and Brad in them.

Myra Duffy said...

Love the photos!! What cute and spirited little girls you are blessed with.
Myra

Christina said...

These are darling!!! And I love your family photos! Your girls are both so beautiful. These pictures really capture their spirit. I love it!