Friday, June 1, 2012

Ainsley's Friend Party

As a kid I loved Chuck E Cheese. I remember when it first opened and my Dad was going to take me there and the line was out the door and down the sidewalk. So we skipped that night but we definitely spent some meals there. I had some birthday parties there and was always excited to go. As a parent my love is gone. I don't know why. Maybe it's because most of the times I have been there it's super crowded, the pizza doesn't seem anywhere near as good as it was when I was a kid, it's smaller, it's expensive....just not my most favorite place.

My girls love Chuck E Cheese. They have gotten to go many a time either because their grandparents have taken them or there's been a birthday they have been invited to but not because Brad and I decided to go. When Ainsley's 5th birthday was coming up I was thinking of what we could do. I started to think I was a horrible parent because while I loved Chuck E Cheese as a kid I avoid it like the plague as an adult. For Kaylee's 5th birthday we took the train to Chicago and went to American Girl, which we are doing again this summer but not until August. So I looked into what a Chuck E Cheese party would entail. I opted for a small party during the week. I have to say it was a success. Ainsley knew by having her friend party there the guests would be limited. She was OK with this and we invited some friends from Montessori that we have known their whole lives, as their mom's all teach at Montessori :). The party person there was super nice and it was organized for me. The only thing I brought were some goody-bags and cupcakes. Since it was during the week it wasn't crowded. 

Ainsley and her friend Olivia.

                                                 Ainsley and her friend Cameron.

Ainsley and Olivia playing a game.
                 
 Ainsley and her friend Gabi.

                                                                    Hey Chuck E!


Ainsley getting ready to go into the Ticket Blaster.

                                              Ainsley trying to get as many tickets as she could.

                           It turned out great and Ainsley had a blast! Happy 5th Birthday to Ainsley!!!

No comments: