Friday, February 22, 2013

Do I know you?

Sometimes I wonder if my posts are too "debbie downer"? I don't mean for them to be. So my apologies if they ever seem to be. Honestly I'm like a walking Hallmark card....WAY emotional. At they same time I like to keep it real and I'm not a fan of hypocrits. I have always been a writer, journaler, or whatever you want to call it and I often utelize my Blog for that.

So how many times do we hear stories of one day everything is normal and the next day it's changed. Could be due to a move, death, or even one day my child is 5 and the next thing you know she is 8. It happens. But  what do we really do proactively about it?

This week a good friend and I had lunch and chatted about a friend of hers who is going through something that will cause her, and her loved ones, lives to not be the same. It brought back memories of my Grandma Riker and the end of her life. It was sad and it made me wish she were here, I wish she knew my girls.

I like to think her, and others I have lost are watching over us together. I also like to think that I am living in the moments and soaking in everything I can in relation to "my girls". After all wasn't it just yesterday they were 23 mos and a newborn?

Last week my Mom emailed me about Junie B Jones tickets and taking the girls. It warmed my heart. She saw that, thought of them and wanted to experience it with them. She will get an afternoon with them, enjoying something they love with them, sharing a memory with them. She knows them. She makes time for them. She makes plans with them without prompting from me. She wants to know them and build that relationship. That I love!

I love it because it means 2 things. One, she knows me well enough to know that I tend to "hog" my girls, so if she wants to spend time with them she will mostly need to proactively ask for that. She also knows the importance of that and making it a priority in her life.

My girls are blessed to have so many who love them and even more blessed for those who make them a priority and make spending time with them a priority.

For tomorrow maybe more time...but maybe not and for that we can't depend on. We have to live in the moment. We have to take advantage of what we can today.

No comments: