Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In Memory

Those of you that have followed my blog may remember the first post was a tribute to my Grams. She passed away last night. While she hadn't been doing well, and we all knew it was only a matter of time it is still hard to say good-bye. I have spent much of my morning reminiscing over traditions that were created by her. The biggest 2 are pinatas and themed family parties. I feel so blessed that my own children have been able to experience these as well. It's always bittersweet in these situations, your loved one is finally at peace but the feeling of loss remains. Grams was one of the most influential people in my life and was blessed to have her as long as I did, and the amount of memories that will last the rest of my life. While she hasn't been the "Grams" I knew for most of our time it is still hard to think of her not being here.

So here is to you Grams, A.K.A. Mrs. Meanie~May you meet Heaven's Gate with open arms and may He offer you:
  • Freeze pops and frogs in the bathroom
  • Television to watch Days, and the same cable channel that let you see Days a day ahead of everyone else!
  • All the Hershey Kisses you would like and NO mints
  • A full library of Mary Higgins Clark books and all the other ones you enjoy
  • A place next to Grandpa, and may he not have as many catalog orders as he did here
  • May there be pinatas at all the holidays and gatherings
  • May there be one theme party a year
  • May you teach others how to share
  • May the welcome sign read "Welcome to the Funny Farm"

We will miss you and love you for always, and continue to use your wisdom to help us choose our paths in life. Thanks!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Stephanie. It's never easy saying goodbye to someone we love, even if we know it's coming. Your family is in our prayers.