Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sleepover!

Kaylee is really into sleepovers right now. I don't know why. She's stayed with grandparents be fore but I wouldn't say she's ever had what I would think of as a sleepover. One night on the way home from somewhere she asked if some day we could stay up late, watch movies, play games, etc....a "sleepover". So I said sure and the following weekend she and I had a sleepover. Ainsley and daddy participated for awhile and then Ainsley went to bed and Daddy went upstairs and Kaylee and I stayed downstairs in our sleeping bags. We made pizzas, did spelling puzzles, played games, watched movies and had cookie-ice-cream sundaes. At 10:00 I finally turned the TV off as she was still wide awake with no signs of slowing down....I on the other hand was about to fall asleep. I would say after about 10 minutes of lights and TV off she was asleep. It was a lot of fun and she is already asking when we can sleep outside in the tent (that has been put on the summer to-do list). I look forward to doing this again, especially when Ainsley is older and can join us. Hopefully Kaylee will still want to join us. I love all of these moments where I, the mom, am the cool one to do these things with. I know all-to-soon the day will come when I will be providing transportation only for these events.



Here we are making our pizzas. Both of the girls helped A LOT!



Here is Kaylee and Ainsley (while she was still part of the party), Ainsley really enjoys assisting Kaylee anyway she can. I have to say Kaylee is pretty patient with her.



I tried to get a photo of Kaylee and Ainsley together, this was as good as I could get.






Here is typical Ainsley. Notice how neatly her hair was combed in the above pictures. She emptied the dress-up trunk and climbed right in. This was right before bedtime.

Daddy took this last photo before he went to bed. Then the "real" sleepover started, but no worries there was no sneaking out of basement windows or TP-ing houses this night...it was way to cold.

3 comments:

Jeanie Bree said...

How fun!!! Looks and sounds like you guys had an awesome time. You are a "cool" mom and don't you every forget that :)

Myra Duffy said...

What fun!!! I love the last two pictures .... Ainsley in the dress up box and Kaylee with you. You seem to always have great ways to enjoy your girls.
Myra

Christina said...

It's official--you totally are the COOLEST mom!! Your sleepover looks like so much fun. I love that you all wore pjs to make pizzas. How cute!