Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The In-betweens

The "In-betweens" is a way to catch you up on the things going on "in-between" the other posts:).

  • Kaylee got a certificate in PE yesterday for running a mile. They have done that a few times between last school year and this school year and this is the first time she was able to complete the mile. I believe her certificate showed it was done in 12 minutes. She was very excited!!!
  • Ainsley took one of her early reader books to school this week and read it to the class, all by herself, without any help from anyone. She was also very excited!! She loves to read and every night at bed time she reads a book to me. While I'm so excited for her my days of doing the reading are quickly slipping away. Sometimes we go up a level just so it can be a joint effort:) I notice her doing a lot of looking for clues in the photos of the book. I like her strategy!
  • Planning the May birthday parties is in full swing. Honestly it started in February. With both their birthdays in May along with my Mother-n-Laws, and 2 Sister-n-laws and 1 soon to be Sister-n-law and Mother's Day I have to start early to prepare for May:) I think it is going to be a fun party and at this point I'm not sure if my new obsession with Pinterest will be a help or a hindrance with the parties. We'll see if I get through my lists of things to do. I do enjoy planning these parties and being able to get crafty and of course utilize my organization. That last part was just a little reminder to myself.
  • Brad is continuing his training for the 1/2 marathon. He and Sarah will be running it coming up at the end of the month. Brian, Mom and the girls and I will be there in full support!!

I think that is a quick highlight of our current in-betweens. Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Yay! Sounds like you are all doing great! Kaylee's 12 minute mile is very impressive :) And congrats to Brad (is he running the Illinois half next weekend?)! I can't wait to hear all about the girl's birthday party too :)

I'm so glad you are all doing so well!!