Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!!

We headed out to Vegas September 12, with my brother, Brian, and his girlfriend Sarah. We just went for a long weekend but had a great time. Vegas is definitely over the top and a place everyone should see at least once. We, Brad and I, are the farthest from gamblers, I think most of you who know my husband would not be shocked by that! But there is so much more to do out there. It's an amazing place that is literally surrounded by nothing. It's a spot in the middle of some mountains. We stayed at the Stratosphere and from the top observation deck you can see the outskirts of Vegas all the way around. It was so fun and we hope to do it again! Here are some random photos:

I took this on the plane as we were landing. I'm not a big flying fan so I was happy to be safely on the ground. It was a decent flight although we were in the very back so we didn't have much of a view. This is the first flight I had in a long time without any kids. That was a strange feeling!

This is Brad and I on top of the Stratosphere's observation deck.

This is one of the rides on the observation deck. It shoots you out then drops you over the side of the hotel to make it look like you are going over the edge. I would like to say that is me on the ride but it's not. No one would go on them with me. So I went on the roller coaster at New York New York instead.

This is the Bellagio Hotel. One of the nicest hotels in Vegas. It has a water show that goes to music during the day and night. It's very cool to see.

This is one of my most favorite photos. For those of you who follow baseball I'm sure you will appreciate it too. This was in the shops in Cesar's Palace. Pete Rose signing autographs in Vegas...oh, how I love the irony of this.
Another shot of the shops in Cesar's. It's basically a high-end mall that is attached to the hotel. We did a lot of looking and no buying here!

This is in front of FAO Schwartz in Cesar's. It's a giant Dragon. I thought Kaylee would think it was cool. Taking a photo with the stuffed animal was definitely cheaper than buying it for a couple grand. Plus I didn't know how you would even get it home!



This is a fountain with an aquarium in the bottom. They do a show and the statues come to life and the fountain goes crazy and they shoot fire. It was pretty cool especially given it's inside the mall. Notice the Cheesecake Factory in the background. Yum!


Here is Brian and Sarah. This night we went to Old Vegas. We had a very interesting cab ride over by Dave, or Tim, I'm still not 100% sure what is name was, and I don't know if he is either. It was just good to get there safely, but made for a good story....for another time.

This is Brian with some sunglasses in the gift shop of the Hotel. He really admired these every time we walked by. Which was a lot since the shop is right next to the elevators.

This is a light show they do in Old Vegas. They shut off all the lights on the whole old Vegas strip and this is a dome that runs down a few blocks, so it goes on over your heads. It goes a long to music.


This is a photo of the Eiffel Tower which comes up through the ceiling of the Paris Hotel. It's pretty cool to see. Now I've never see the real one in person but this one sure looks an awful lot like it!

As I said it was a fun trip. I have many other photos but didn't want to be to excessive on the blog. It was good to come home and see the girls. I think they missed us, although they had a lot of fun staying with Mee-Maw and Paw-Paw T-Dog, and even got to go to the circus with Mee-Maw and Brad's parents.

1 comment:

Myra Duffy said...

Makes me want to head to Las Vegas. What a great guide you provided to really see the sites.
Thanks,
Myra