Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Santa Visit

This past weekend we had the big State Farm Santa visit. I really get a kick out of this because I remember doing this as a child with my dad. It has changed a little since then but not much, and I can still remember a couple of the gifts I got. We had debated this year about possibly just picking up the gifts and not going in as Kaylee is not a huge fan of Santa in person. In theory he is her BFF, yes I just typed BFF. Obviously Ainsley wouldn't really know if we went or not. As it got closer we decided we would go ahead and give it a try because it is free.
Kaylee explained to me that if she didn't want to see Santa she didn't have to, but if she changed her mind Daddy said that was fine and she could talk to Santa. If she didn't want to see him he would just throw her a present and she could get her Leapster that way. I explained she was not getting a Leapster at State Farm Santa. I also went in to we should be thankful for any gift, although she was fine with not getting the Leapster I still felt I would forge ahead with my lecture, and many boys and girls don't get presents. To which Kaylee replied "Because they aren't good and didn't make good choices". I then tried to clear that up.

We went on Saturday and she stood in line the whole time and then when it was our turn she opted to stand by Daddy while he took a photo of Ainsley and I. I'm so thrilled that I get to be in all of these Santa photos. Ainsley sat on my lap next to him but wouldn't sit on his lap. After the photos one of the helpers gave them their gifts and to MY SURPRISE Kaylee walked right up to Santa and said "thank you for my present Santa". I was so proud you would have thought she saved someone's life. I am teary eyed now blogging over it. This was such a huge step for her. After Santa we went to Carl's for lunch and home for nap. What an exciting morning! Here are the photos:




Kaylee was more interested in looking at her game then taking the photo.
Try again....I put the game behind my back so we wouldn't have such a distraction.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I'm impressed! These pictures are adorable and it sounds like your girls were so brave!! Santa is a scary man here at the Vance household. My boys wouldn't even go that close to him!!

I miss the Santa day at SF. It's so much fun to see him, get a pic and then a present. Looks like you guys had fun!

Jeanie Bree said...

Go Kaylee!! By next year she will be a Santa expert.
Ainsley looks like such a "go with the flow" kinda gal. How sweet.
Have a very Merry Christmas!!!!