Thursday, May 15, 2008

Are my pants....?

This is just a quick post for a quick story. Kaylee loves to change her clothes, mostly into pajamas.
Side note: In fact she does a jammy day to the sitters almost once a week. I have to say at first I was a little reluctant to this. I think I thought "how lazy, just send her in her pajamas", but actually she puts new pjs on. Anyways Brad one day questioned my reluctance to this and didn't see the issue with it, and stated she's a kid how often in her life will she get to wear pajamas during the day, especially once she starts school? Might as well let her live it up. So I caved and you would have thought I told her we were going to Disney (which she does frequently ask when we will be going there...how do they pick it up so soon?), so I realized I was being unreasonable and loosened up.
When she is not in her pjs she will go upstairs, after we get home, and change. (This could also partly be her seeing Brad and I change out of our work clothes when we get home.) So the other night, right before dinner, she informs us she needs to go change her clothes, and comes down in the shirt she was wearing with some pj pants. Here is how the conversation went:

Kaylee: Hey guys I'm back
Kaylee: Mommy, do you like my pants
Me: Yes, Kaylee they are very nice
Kaylee: How do they look
Me: They are beautiful!
Kaylee: Are they distinctive?
Me: Yes, they are very distinctive....(while trying to hold back my giggle)

I don't how she retains all of this and I am thinking I need to read up and sharpen my vocabulary because she is just improving hers by leaps and bounds daily!

2 comments:

Christina said...

How funny that she loves her pjs so much! And how hilarious that she changes out of her "work" clothes, too. :-) Ha ha!

I'm impressed with her vocab. Distinctive? Wow! That's not even a word I find myself saying. How funny. I have to keep track of the funny things Henry says now because his understanding of the world just cracks me up. They are little sponges...Maria was on to something with the "absorbent mind"-- :-)

See you all Saturday!

Myra Duffy said...

What a fun story!!! Yes it is a challenge to keep up with growing vocabularies. For future information .... she might be in luck as most of the schools I have worked in have pajama days once or twice a year.

It is amusing (and also can be heart warming) to see the world through their eyes.
Myra