Friday, June 13, 2008

Kaylee's Birthday

So, on my birthday, I am posting photos of Kaylee's birthday. There are some from her actual birthday and from her party. I didn't get as many from her party as I would like as we were pretty busy. I have to give credit to my wonderful husband as he did a lot of the cooking and "grunt" work for the party. He is so good about that...which is good since he's a much better cook than I! It was a beautiful day and we were so blessed to have so many family and friends join us to celebrate our first born turning 3. I can hardly believe it! She really is a fun kid. A little too spirited and vocal at times and while it can be very challenging, and frustrating, to dial it back and help her channel her opinions in a more calm and productive way, I am glad she feels she can express herself. Thanks to all who help celebrate Kaylee's birthday! We hope you all had fun.



Kaylee on her actual birthday getting ready to open presents. Brad had been mowing during nap, so when she came down after nap she was really good about being patient until Daddy was done. We did however have some issues with wearing her nightgown (yes she often likes to change into PJ's for her naps, but who can blame her really...)and keeping her legs down for photos. Thanks goodness for digital where you can quickly delete! One gift not seen here is her "Better Batter Baseball". It's like a T-ball thing that is made with ESPN sound bytes and automatically gets the ball for you. She saw it a few months back and asked and asked for it. I have to say she does love it and we get it out a lot. It's really fun, even Brad and I have played with it. She also does really well, I wasn't sure how well she would be able to hit but she does. I have to admit that we had forgotten about it, we had hid it in the garage after we bought, and a week later it hit me we didn't give it to her, which was pretty bad because that was her big gift. So I guess in a way it was good because her birthday was extended.


Here is Kaylee's cake and the Nemo pinata from her party. We took her to the party store to pick what she wanted. She had said before we went that she wanted Nemo, but I really thought once we got to the store she would change her mind a million times and we would have to narrow it down for her to choose from. However she found Nemo, and while she was so excited about everything else she saw she stuck with a Nemo theme. That's Kaylee though once she's decided she generally sticks to her guns. This was the first cake I did not make. I just knew I couldn't do Nemo justice. Wal-Mart had a Nemo cake but it had been discontinued so they said they could do the underwater scene and write Happy Birthday Kaylee on it. I found a Nemo candle and some Nemo character confetti, so I decorated it with those as well. It was easier to make a cake that way then my usual method of doing myself. But I do enjoy making them so I'm sure I will continue to do so, but I also have realized it's ok if I need to have it made too.


Kaylee opening some of the many, many gifts she received! It's fun to watch her now that she can do it all herself, however she goes so fast that now we have to try to slow her down. This is post-birthday but wanted to show Kaylee and Ainsley playing with their sand and water table. Grandpa and Grandma Duffy got a picnic table and this table together and gave the picnic table at Ainsley's party and the sand and water table at Kaylee's. They have a lot of fun playing in it and has been a lot of fun! Ainsley still is tempted to eat the sand but she is getting better!

2 comments:

Myra Duffy said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. tahnks for sharing the pictures !!! It's fun to see your girls grow.

Christina said...

We had so much fun at her party. You did a great job pulling the theme together and the cake was adorable and super tasty. (no guilt! it was great!) Happy 3rd Birthday Kaylee. Your girls are just precious! We loved seeing them.