Sunday, July 6, 2008

Duffy Family Party 2008


For those who don't know my Dad's side of the family, The Duffy's, are notorious for their summer parties. When I was little they started as 1/2 Christmas parties. My Grams and Grandpa would get the tree out and put it on the deck and decorate for Christmas. Yes, we would even have gifts, smaller scale than actual Christmas, but still there would be gifts.


As the years past we started doing different themed parties. Some to name a few were: Circus (we had games, face painting, etc), Olympics (each immediate family was a country and we paraded through the small town of Secor, to various relatives house, with our Country flags in tow and participated in events, Hawaiian Luau, Safari, and many others. This year was a 60's themed party. My Grams had 8 kids, so there are a few of us to say the least, thankfully we also have many teachers and the family as a whole is very "kid friendly", so there are always many activities planned for the little ones, and of course there is always a pinata! We had so much fun and I am so glad that my children have been able to experience these parties as well! I have posted some photos below that capture the day we had:


Playing in the backyard. One of the games was the "Duckie Game". Always a popular one!


Ainsley playing her own version of the "Duckie Game".




Of course a family gathering would never be complete without a pinata!



An added activity this year. My Uncle Bobby decided to climb in one of my Grams' trees and each kid got to get hoisted up and sit for awhile. It is a good climbing tree. Thankfully everyone got down safely. Truthfully I think the only person anyone was worried about was Bobby. Lastly the oldest and one of the youngest trying to solve all of the world's problems! This is one of my new favorite photos and definitely one to cherish.

1 comment:

Myra Duffy said...

Steph,
Thanks for the summary of our party. It was great fun ... enjoyed seeing the picture of Bobby in the tree as I missed that and I also love the picture of Ainsley with Grams.
Myra