Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We got the call....

As most of you know Kaylee will be starting at Montessori Children's Centre this year. This was one of the considerations when looking at going back to work full-time. Having seen first-hand all of the wonderful things the program has to offer for almost 4 years I knew it would be a great fit for Kaylee. While I always did well in school it was a struggle for me to do so, let's just say I'm not the brightest star in the sky. Kaylee seems to have Brad's memory and intelligence and I know this program will develop that. I could continue to go on about how wonderful the program is however I know I will not be able to do it justice.

Yesterday while I was at work Barb called to tell me Kaylee could start July 21. So after talking to Brad, and Karen our sitter, I called back to say we would accept the earlier spot. We had anticipated mid-late August, which is why I wanted to talk to Karen before accepting. I'm very excited because I know she will love it and I am happy that she will start earlier so she will be able to become acclimated to the new school and schedule before the academic portion starts back-up in September. Kaylee has anxiety when she is in new environments with new people, she will eventually warm-up and then be extremely social...it just takes awhile.

She will be in classroom 3 with Miss Gettle and Miss Michaels. Both of whom I worked with and know well. Kaylee has always taken to Miss Gettle very easily and if talk of Montessori came-up so did Miss Gettle, so it was definitely an added bonus that Kaylee will be in that room. Barb was very sweet and new about how much Kaylee likes Miss Gettle and really went out of her way to try and get Kaylee in that room.

I am very excited but a little sad. I knew we would be off to pre-school this year but I still can't believe it's time for this! Stay tuned for our pre-school adventures!

3 comments:

Myra Duffy said...

Hey Stephanie,
Congratulations on Kaylee's new undertaking ... I know she will do well in Preschool and will be a joy for her teachers to know !!! Also just wanted to add ... don't sell yourself short .... Your Star Shines Very Brightly!!!!
Myra

Christina said...

YAY! How exciting that Kaylee's starting at MCC!! It is weird though because I totally remember us being pregnant with these babies and now they're turning three and going to preschool??? It just doesn't seem possible. She will do so well there and you can rest assured because you know it's a great program and she'll have great teachers! I can't wait to hear how everything goes. Keep us posted!

Jeanie Bree said...

We all look forward to seeing Kaylee at MCC! Bonus, we get to talk to you again as well!