Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fall Fun

Fall is in full swing and what a nice fall it has been. Despite my allergies being at their worst in the fall I have to say it's my favorite season! I love seeing the colors change and doing all of the fun activities that fall brings. I thought I would share some of the things we have been up to.

We made some candy apples. Here is Ainsley trying to eat the Carmel's that Kaylee had unwrapped.

Ainsley intently watching Kaylee, secretly planning how to get more Carmel's.

Kaylee hard at work. She unwrapped every Carmel in the bag. She is really into cooking right now and is willing to do any task!



Another fun fall activity is to jump in the leaves. Brad made this pile for them in the backyard. I love that we have mature trees that produce a lot of leaves and a big yard to make a big pile in. I also love that Brad got a leaf blower for his birthday so it makes making the pile easier.

Ainsley getting in on the fun of the leaves.
Here we buried Kaylee in the leaves and just her little face was sticking out. Daddy and his girls playing in the leaves. We also took a trip to the Apple Blossom Farm. It somewhat surprises me that we had better choices of places to go for pumpkin/apple farms when we lived in Chicago. I would think it would be opposite. We had not been here before so we went with Brad's mom and sister one weekend.
The girls walking around checking out the play area and animal cages.
Kaylee with her Aunt Kristin going down the big slide.

Taking a hayride out to the pumpkin patch.
This is one of my favorite photos. As we were waiting on the hay rack to come back and get us Ainsley went over and sat on the pumpkin.
I was trying to get a nice fall, outdoor photo of the girls. The sun was pretty bright and they were more interested in exploring then sitting for a photo.
Kaylee opted to sit on a pumpkin for a photo. I think this might have been where Ainsley got the idea from (referencing the above photo). Notice Kaylee's purse she's holding. She carried this the whole time and when we got out to the pumpkin patch she was more interested in getting small gourds and putting them in there. I have to say it makes it much easier to carry that way. Kaylee and I also had to take a walk to the back of the pumpkin patch as nature called and we weren't getting picked-up for another 10 minutes. Everyone has to learn the fine art of going to the bathroom outside.
This is a photo of Ainsley modeling one of the hats my friend Stef is selling with her hair products. I attached one of the flowers we had from her as well. You can clip different things on their to change it however you would like. I love them! Stef is slowly setting-up her website but feel free to view her Picasa site for now.We went out to Miller Park last weekend to help Stef get some photos for her website. Before everyone got their I took this photo of Kaylee. I love the bright colors on the trees in the back too.
Hope everyone has been enjoying their fall as much as we have. Hard to believe the cold weather will be here before we know it. I heard on the radio today that there are only 55 more days this year. WOW!!!

1 comment:

Feely Children said...

Great pictures Steph! Your girls are so very pretty!! Seeing your back yard and all those beautiful leaves makes me wish we had some land to enjoy as you do!
~Laura