Monday, May 3, 2010

Birthday Photos

It is hard to believe that May is here and it is that time of year for updated photos! I told Brad this year not to get me anything for Mother's Day and that instead I would just get to get as many photos as I wanted without any comments from him. Although I do think that since we only do it once a year and I stick with Portrait Innovations that we get a good deal. We are able to get photos for us and the grand parents, etc and take them home all in the same day.

Plus we were in, wardrobe change, all photos, picked them out, paid and had them in hand and walked out the door in 54 minutes! You can't beat that. My trick is to go first thing in the day, most people wait until mid day or later, usually by the time we leave it is starting to get crowded. The girls also did great, and Brad was very patient and cooperative too. Especially agreeing to stay the extra 15 minutes so I could leave with the photos. Thankfully it was nice out so he and the girls were able to do a couple of walk-a-bouts outside.

Last year was the worst experience I had ever had there, I almost thought I was going to cry, so I was a little nervous this year. I have been going there since they opened, our first photos there were Kaylee's 9 mos. pictures. The people I had become accustomed to have since moved on and a couple do photos independently now. However this year the girl we had was amazing! She was so nice and helpful. She could tell I had been there before when I pulled my list out in preparation to look at the photos so she just let me do what I needed to. Needless to say we got a lot of great photos.

I am always so excited to put the new photos up, although bittersweet too. I always bring in different ones to work than I have at home. Last night on our bed I had them all spread out and was trying to decide which ones would go in the frames at home and which ones to work. It was quite the process! Whenever I put the new photos in I scroll back through all the ones of years past and am reminded how much the girls have changed and how quickly they are growing-up. I got a little teary eyed sitting and watching people come in with their babies. It seems not so long ago those were ours. Now instead of looking at family photos with babies I see girls. But between you and me I will always see a little bit of baby in the family photos, no matter how old they are.

Here are some of the new pics:

Busing Family 2010


My beautiful May Babies-who are not so baby anymore!

Daddy and his girls!

Mommy and her ladies!

Kaylee McKenna; May 17, 2005



Ainsley Isabella; May 1, 2007

1 comment:

Kara said...

The photos are AWESOME!! You sure have two beautiful little girls. I feel exactly the same way about my girls. It is a litle sad to watch them grow. It is hard to believe we will have sending our first borns off to Kindergarten in the fall.