Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kaylee!

Kaylee turned the big 5 this year. WOW!! A few months ago, on the way home from one of her friend's birthday parties, we were discussing what kind of party she wanted to have this year. We talked about doing nails, making jewelry, sort of a during the day slumber party. Then came the big question" Who do you want to invite?" The first two people listed were boys in her class. Which was no big surprise to me. However it did mean that we might need to tweak our birthday theme and activities. We settled on Pirates and Princesses.

I had so much fun planning it. When I was telling Brad all of my fabulously, wonderful ideas in my "aren't I better than Martha Stewart on her best day" tone, he was wondering around and listening. When I finished with my presentation he just looked at me, I anxiously waiting a rave review (after all it was going to be a great party) got "You really like planning these things, don't you?" Well, yes, yes I do!

I sent a map to all of Kaylee's friends to show them where the palace was, a.k.a our house (yes, I became braved and had it at our house). We had the bouncy house in the garage, because of the rain, inside we had a pirate hat craft, and princess magnet craft, we had a nail polish and tattoo station, I made some pirate and princess cupcakes and then we went on a treasure hunt in the yard for our buried treasure (goodie bags). I drew a map and we had clues and different spots to tell us where to go next that ultimately led us to the treasure chest. It was still raining a bit at this point but lightly, and after all don't most pirates get wet when they are searching for treasure? Hello, they are on ships! The kids had a great time. See aren't you all excited about the party I had? The downfall was I was so busy moving about the stations and helping kids with crafts I didn't take a lot of photos.

The birthday girl with her big cupcake, we made some little ones with pirate and princess flags on them.


All of the Pirates and Princesses awaiting some fun!


The above photos were the Saturday before Kaylee's birthday. Then Sunday we left for the big birthday surprise (that will be featured on the next post) and when we returned on Monday, her actual birthday, she found some more presents awaiting her.


Digging in to see what she got.

Happy Birthday, Kaylee McKenna! We hope you enjoyed your special day! XOXO~Mommy and Daddy

No comments: