Monday, May 17, 2010

Dear Kaylee


Dear Kaylee McKenna,
It's hard to believe how fast 5 years has gone by! While 5 years seems like a short amount of time I can't remember the other part of my life before you were here. Before you made us a "Family". On May 17th, 2005, at 28 years of age, I found my life's purpose, to be a Mommy. Not just any Mommy, but your Mommy. I knew I always wanted to have this title but never knew just how badly until I held you in my arms. You have taught Daddy and I many things. You have taught us the importance of patience and keeping your word. You have a memory of steel that does not let us forget anything! You have taught me that no matter one's age their abilities and determination can make them achieve many great things. You have a determination about you that I admire. Once you set your mind to something you will do it until you have it down. This past year some of those things have included: reading, whistling, addition, subtraction and snapping. Currently you are working on multiplication, riding your bike and blowing bubbles with chewing gum. I hope this quality stays with you forever.
You can certainly be sassy and sarcastic at times but just as sweet the rest of the time. You enjoy helping others and take good care of your little sister, even when she is all in your space. Often times you can be quiet and introspective and sometimes your emotions can get the best of you. Deep down you have a sensitive soul. We have very similar souls. We are two peas in a pod you and I and I hope as you continue to grow this will help us and not hinder us.
In the fall you will be a big Kindergartner and you are so excited! I hope your love of learning will always be a driving force for you. I know you will succeed in whatever you do and I'm so thankful that Daddy and I get to be along for the ride. Thank you Kaylee for all you have given, and shown, to us. We know the best is yet to come! Happy 5th Birthday, K-K!

XOXO~Mommy and Daddy

No comments: