Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Reflection

While this wasn't in my "blogs to come" list but something that I was reflecting on this morning and wanted to blog it. Today is April 30th and tomorrow will be Ainsley's 1st Birthday. Her golden birthday will be her first birthday and it will also be my Dad and Sallie's 26th wedding anniversary. All I can think is where did this year go? Things went fast with Kaylee but I feel like it's twice as fast with the second, probably because you don't have all the time to just fixate on one. Ainsley is also such a good baby and really has always been. Kaylee was boarder line acid-reflux and colicky, but A has always seemed happy, calm, cool and collected. Not to say she doesn't ever get a little frustrated but she generally is just easy going.
This time last year I went to work and then Brad picked me up around 1:30 or so to go do pre-op and then off to Dr. Nord for one last appointment, not only last for this pregnancy but for any pregnancy. We knew Ainsley was the completion of our family. I remember my appointment was at 4:30 because when I made my last few appointments the nurse and I laughed because my last one was 4/30 at 4:30. I remember we went to Brad's parents, after the doctor, because they had picked Kaylee up and she was going to stay there. When I put her to bed at their house I walked out into the hallway and started crying because I felt like we were doing something horrible to Kaylee by having another baby. Now I can't remember what it was like before we had both girls.
We are truly blessed to have such healthy, beautiful and happy children. To have what we do is something you always hope for but you know it isn't guaranteed, and I am so thankful we are some of the fortunate people in this world. I look so forward to all of the things to come as the girls grow and develop, but as I sit here in my reflection I also realize to savor all the "now" moments because before I know it another year will be gone!

1 comment:

Myra Duffy said...

Steph,
I do think it is important and healthy to reflect on all of life's blessings. Life can get hectic and goes so fast that it is easier to get caught up in things and not take the time to reflect and say thanks for our many blessings.
Myra