Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Does Your Life Have a Theme Song?

I don't know about any of you but I am easily able to relate to songs. I have always loved music, singing, dancing, the whole works. I enjoy a variety of music and listen to most anything. If people saw my CDs, or listened to my MP3, I'm sure they would think it was a very eclectic collection of music, or songs. Time to time a song will make a lasting impression on me and will cause me time to pause and think, and ultimately becomes a new theme song. How does the theme song play into my life? The theme song is one that is somewhere in my collection. Either I have purchased the CD, sometimes because of a different song and get an added bonus in the CD, or I download it. The song will then get played in the car, loudly, at least twice each day, depending on who is in the car with me. As the song plays I reflect on what the song is saying and how I'm connected...and of course singing. I have quite the collection because I never get rid of a theme song. They just become part of my own montage of personal theme songs.

My latest theme song is really more of a song that talks about things I feel for my girls. I have been listening to this song daily for the past month, or so. I had gotten the I Can Only Imagine CD series and it's on one of those CDs. The song is called Find Your Wings by Mark Harris. I love this song. If I ever do a photo montage for my girls (which you all know I will do at least one in their lives if not more) this will be one of the songs.

Here are my lyrics:

It's only for a moment you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you Will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray For all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know You're walking in the truth
And If I never told you I want you to know As I watch you grow

Chorus: I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots And help you find your wings

May passion be the wind That leads you through your days
And may conviction keep you strong Guide you on your way
May there be many moments T
hat make your life so sweet
Oh, but more than memories

Chorus: Repeat

It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off But I'll cheer as you fly

Chorus: Repeat

Do any of you have a theme song(s)? What are they? Just curious.......

1 comment:

Feely Children said...

I love this song!!! I added it to my playlist and now have it playing when you check the Feely Blog .... I would have to say my theme song is: I Have Been Blessed by Martina McBride :)