Thursday, April 23, 2009

"I have some VERY exciting news"....

Kaylee, A.K.A. High-Maintenance Barbie, can be a little on the dramatic side at times...shocking, I know. This can sometimes be good and sometimes not so good. Another interesting thing about Kaylee is she REALLY likes magazines and getting them in the mail. When she was younger my mom got her a subscription to Animal Baby. She enjoyed that and as she got older I renewed the Animal Baby subscription for Ainsley and graduated Kaylee up to Highlights. She loves them, and whenever anyone else gets a magazine and she doesn't it seems very unfair to her. Drama! We keep all the old issues and probably read at least one a night.

Awhile back my mom was talking to me about ideas for gifts for Kaylee's upcoming birthday. I had seen an advertisement for Nick Jr. magazine. I looked it up to make sure it wasn't unreasonably priced and then gave my mom that idea.

Fast forward to this past Tuesday night....we got home from our weekly tumbling class and dinner at Dad's and I was standing at the counter going through the mail. There was an envelope with a sticker of Sponge Bob on the outside that Kaylee noticed and asked what it was. So I told her as part of her birthday Mee-Maw got her a subscription to Nick Jr. magazine. Well, you would have thought I told her we were leaving that minute for Disney world. She was so excited and in her dramatic way said "I have always wanted a subscription to Nick Jr. magazine." She proceeded to have me read this thank you note the company had sent; which is really an advertisement to encourage you to tell others to subscribe. So I read it and told her she would be getting her first issue soon.

A little bit later I came out from putting Ainsley to bed and can hear Brad downstairs reading the same note I had read earlier. I chuckled a little and didn't think much else about it. The next day Brad and I are talking and he said I forgot to tell you what Kaylee did last night. Here's what I learned:

(Please note the photo associated with the below story is not one from the day that story events occurred. This photo was actually taken the last time that Kaylee got a new Highlight magazine and had Brad read it to her ASAP!)


Kaylee (going into the Family Room to Brad): Daddy, I have some very exciting news for you!

Brad: What's that?

Kaylee: I am the new owner of a subscription to Nick Jr. Magazine.

Brad: Really, that's great!

Kaylee: Read the letter, Daddy.

Oh, the little things that make us happy, especially when you are one for the dramatics!

2 comments:

Myra Duffy said...

Cute story. I think all little ones enjoy getting their very own mail. And magazines are even more special.

Christina said...

That is so funny!

So I first thought you were going to announce baby Busing #3. :-) A Nick Jr magazine is equally exciting though. :-) :-)