Sunday, January 24, 2010

Snow Day!

Not so long ago, as all you Central Illinoians are aware, we had a SNOW DAY!!! My girls were thrilled to say the least. They have been waiting to play in the snow, up to this point it had been much to cold to brave the outdoors. Brad had to go into work VERY early in the morning for a conference call to determine State Farms plan of action (one thing I'm not going to miss when he starts is LDA in Auto in March). I was up at 5 a.m. waiting for a call from Brad to see what was going to happen. The phone rang, however it wasn't Brad, it was the State Farm line they have set up to call in weather situations, telling me that State Farm would be opening at 10. Now, I was just waiting to see what Kaylee's school would be doing. Once I heard District 87 and U-High were closed I was almost positive Kaylee would be having a snow day too, sure enough I was right. Snow Day for all the Busing girls! Poor Daddy was still stuck at work.


I talked to Brad after his 7:30 conference call, this was to determine if the 10 start time would stay or if they would be closed all together (the 10 start time stuck), and told me it was going to get much colder so if I wanted to get the girls out in the snow to do it within the next 2 hours. I got off the phone and the preparations began!


Ainsley in all her gear ready for some snow fun!


The girls were "snow" excited!!!



I took this photo from the front corner of the house. It was a pretty backyard scene.



Ainsley making a snow angel.


Kaylee making a snow angel.



Abby loves the snow too! She especially loves catching snowballs, as you can see from all the white powder on her face. She was patiently waiting for me to throw another snowball!


Kaylee thought it would be super fun to slide down through all the snow. Not sure what was going on with her hat. It's her hat from last year, her new one was in Brad's truck, she didn't really seem to mind it though.


As with everything else if Kaylee did something Ainsley needs to do it too!

2 comments:

Myra Duffy said...

So fun!!! It's great to have little ones to remind us all of the joys of winter. Now I think you guys are off to warm and sunny Florida. Enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

Are those Dora boots Ainsley is sporting? Gabi noticed them in the pictures and says, "Gabi want those!"