Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The time has come...

The first day of school got here in a flash! Kaylee has been anxiously awaiting this day since March when we went to preview. I have been trying to avoid this day since May 17th, 2005 when she was born. Don't get me wrong when she was born I would wonder what she would be like at different ages, however the whole actually seeing that has come much to quickly thus far!
We have been gearing up for this day for some time. Mostly me mentally preparing myself and Brad wondering exactly when the breakdown would take place. I knew the first day would be a bit easier as it's only an hour and we got to go with her. She picked her outfit out the night before and we were ready.
Everyone was up and ready to go on Monday and we had plenty of time for some photos.
Ainsley was going to hang out with Paw-Paw while we took Kaylee to school. However she wasn't going to let that stop her from being a part of the photos.

Me and my girls! It's hard to believe that the time as come for these "Firsts". Weren't we just doing first words, first haircut, etc?

We took Kaylee to school and everyone gathered in the gym and Mrs. Jennsen the principal opened the year. We then went into her class and put her supplies away and the kids got to have some free time. Kaylee knew one student prior to school but she quickly made some new friends. Mrs. Lancaster gave us some information and answered questions. I have to say I have heard wonderful things about her. She seems SO laid back and warm. After we were dismissed we told Mrs. Lancaster good-bye and took a quick photo (I think Kaylee was quite annoyed with my photos at this point but she was a good sport about it).

After school we went home and got Ainsley and then went into town. Kaylee picked Steak-n-Shake for lunch. We played at the park and then last night for her special dinner she chose salmon, couscous and salad (this is one of the ways she is most like her Dad), and we had some DQ for dessert.

She was pumped to go back the today. I'm so excited for her. I know she is going to do great things in this world!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Adorable first day pictures of both of the girls! I can't believe sweet Kaylee is riding away on a big yellow bus to kindergarten. I just know she will do great!!