Friday, August 6, 2010

Tomorrow's the BIG day!


We have been preparing for this since last year's run was over. That's right the Bloomington-Normal to Peoria St. Jude Run. The weather has been so much warmer and humid this summer and has made training much more challenging, at least for me. Brad always seems to have an easier time pushing through. I'm sure it's due to his mental toughness being much greater than mine. Our goal, as the Bloomington-Normal Team, this year is to rains $250,000!!! If we achieve this it will be such an amazing gift to give St. Jude. I know from our fund-raising first hand how many incredibly generous people are out there! To those of you that have supported us with your generous donations thank you! Many of you have given every year and it's so appreciated. Each year when we compose our letter and get ready to send it out I think here we go again, but every year you come through! Every little bit we can do makes such a huge difference in a family's life.


Why the passion for St. Jude? I say, "Why not?" The things that St. Jude does to help families whose children have had or have cancer are amazing! The St. Jude children are truly inspiring. Each year when we start the build-up for the telethon I'm touched by all of these children and their families. Their strength, faith and courage are unbreakable. I can't even fathom being in their shoes. Every day I feel blessed to have 2 amazing, and healthy, daughters! I always say St. Jude is the greatest place that you never want to have to check into. In this me,me,me-my,my,my society that has been overtaken by sensationalism journalism, athletes/celebrities, that are far over paid, and all the "Woe is me...." attitudes it's nice to have some focus on things that are inspiring and important. This cause matters and these kids matter! Thanks to all of you who have supported us with your prayers, kind words/thoughts and donations you are helping us fight childhood cancer and support a place that is able to help these families like no one else can.


Tune in to WEEK on Saturday and check out the telethon! Will be on sometime Saturday night presenting our check.


Thanks again!

No comments: