Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!



Oh Valentine's Day how sweet thou are! As an adult, I have never been an over-the-top Valentine enthusiast. Why? It's a day where people are romantic because they are obligated, mostly by Hallmark. My husband has been known to do special things on an average day, i.e. pick-up flowers for me, pick up some of my favorite bubble-gum while shopping at the store, or will have fixed me a margarita and let's me know it's in the freezer after I come down from putting the girls to bed, to name a few. These are special because they aren't days that are celebrated by Hallmark.

I do enjoy this day because of my girls. They are always excited to pick out their Valentine's, get crafty and make special treats. All the same reasons I enjoyed the day as a kid myself.

This year we were treated to a program at Kaylee's school. The Kindergarten class does one every year. It was so sweet. There was poetry, singing, dancing and even a special picture each child drew of why they love their parents. They each took a turn and walked to the front and held up their picture and said "I love you because...." Kaylee's was "I love you because you take me to Florida." As a 5 year-old I suppose that's as in-depth as one gets. It was very touching and truly a special memory. Hallmark ain't got nothing on that!

I hope all of you had a special Valentine's Day for whatever the reason and I hope that Valentine's Day may leak into your days throughout the year.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Cute, cute Kaylee! I loved reading about the sweet little things Brad does. Love the margarita in the freezer! Well-deserved end-of-night treat!!