Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snowed In

As forecasted we got quite a bit of snow this week and were snowed in. Brad stayed home Tuesday and I went into work, his punishment for having more vacation time then me:) Fortunately we closed at 12:30 so I headed home and while it was snowy out the roads weren't really bad quite yet.

We settled in and got ready for the BLIZZARD! Over the past few days we have been keeping busy. We've worked on homework, watched movies, made cookies and other yummy treats, played in the snow, colored, played dolls, did some Karoke, played some Wii, Kaylee and Ainsley played photo studio and hotel, and many other activities. Of course I took advantage of some of the time to clean and organize:) It's a sickness, I know.

Here's a little photo recap:

Late Tuesday afternoon this was our front outside view.


Back outside view.


Belle was loving it and made it challenging for us to get her into the house.


What to do in a Blizzard make some of your own!


Kaylee helping to open our Blizzard ice cream supplies.


The next morning Brad went out to snowblow the drive off and when he opened the garage door this is what we saw.


Belle again was loving the snow and was running laps making breaks in the snow wall that had formed.


While Brad cleared the driveway Abby and Belle played in the snow. They are always such big helps. As were Kaylee and Ainsley while they were out too:)


Now the snow has stopped and sun is out. Thankfully our power stayed on for the most part, a few blips here and there, but nothing major, suprisingly. Kaylee was still our of school today, so the girls and I went to pick up Brads dry cleaning and got some groceries. It was nice to get out and wasn't near as cold as I was expecting. I enjoyed the snowdays with my family, however here's hoping the groundhog was right and spring will soon be here. Because I would rather take a snow day when it's warm and sunny out:)

1 comment:

Christina said...

WHOA! I can't get over how much snow was in front of your garage! That is just crazy. Ours blows so much out here it's so strange, in some places you can still see bits of grass and others are covered in 5 ft drifts. I much prefer the grassy parts :)

I love that you guys made Blizzards. Perfect way to bring on the storm and the snow days! Looks so cozy at the Busing home!