Saturday, March 19, 2011

List Crazy!

Are you a list maker? I am, I make lists of lists I have. I carry around at least one notebook in my purse. Why? For lists. That and it also has all of Kaylee and Ainsley well-doctor visit height, weight and the respective percentages. Yes, I copy them every time I get a new notebook. Why? I don't know. I like having it handy for reference. Why? Again, I don't know. But I digress.

Lists! Yes, lists. I have several lists in my head currently that I continue to get my notebook out to transfer from brain to paper, but have yet to really do. Some, not all. Yes, they have to be specific to what I need and if they aren't well I start over. What lists am I currently working on?


-Ainsley's Friend Party; invite list; to do list
-Girls joint Family Birthday Party; invite list (although this is immediate Family I still make a list:) and to do list.
-Kaylee's Friend Party; invite list; to do lisy
-Girls Birthday wish lists. This involves 4 lists: What we are getting them, ideas for Brad's mom, my mom, and my Dad and Sallie. I try to give everyone a seperate list of ideas to avoid duplicates. Of course I also keep copies:)
-List of things around the house I would like to have done by the girls birthdays.
-Of course my general house list I keep for stuff that is on the "To do" list for the house in general that is forever evolving. What does that mean? A new list.
-Kaylee has decided for her birthday, from us, she wants her room redone (oh yes, this will have it's own post and emotional one for me, stay tuned:) and I need to track what needs to get done.

Do you think this makes me OCD? Maybe a little ADHD? I don't know. I just like to be organized. At work I keep things on my Outlook Calendar but also write them on my desk calendar. And just between you and me my desk calendar has things written on it with the dates highlighted in different colors. Yellow=work, so if it's worked related it's highlighted yellow, i.e. every other Friday for Payday. Pink=Girls, easy pick on the color:) So if the date involves them it's green, and so on.

Yes, I'm a list maker, to this I confess. I know they say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, but for me it's a wife of life. Without them...well then I'd have a problem:)

2 comments:

Jeanie Bree said...

You are preaching to the choir sister!

Christina said...

I love lists, too! You are a great list maker though; I love the color coding!! You have so much going on right now with all of those birthdays and parties, thank goodness for lists and post-its and office calendars!