Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another Milestone




Today was a big day! I was at work, my girls with my mom, my phone rings and here's how it goes:

Me: Hello!

Kaylee: Hi Mom!

Me: Hey, Kaylee! How are ya?

Kaylee: I lost my tooth?

Me: You what?

Kaylee: I lost my first tooth!!

Me: Shut-up! (Very loudly, while at work, then thought maybe not the most appropriate response to my 5 year-old, but in my defense I was shocked!)

So we talked a bit more, although poor Kaylee has had a cold so she doesn't have much of a voice. In some parts of the conversation I couldn't tell if she was crying or just horse.

My mom got on the phone and said Kaylee had been watching TV and came in and said her tooth fell out. It's her bottom left.

I couldn't believe it! I didn't even know it was loose. At our last dentist appointment, almost 6 mos ago (I know this because our next one is in 1 week 1/2), the dentist said her teeth were a little loose but it would be awhile. I guess I didn't really know what "awhile" meant:) I suppose I anticipated she would lose them soon, as she got her first 2 teeth by the time she was 4 months.

Tonight while at Kick's selling tickets for Towanda PTO, my mom and Tim brought the girls up for dinner and she showed me her new smile. The photo on here isn't that great, it was pretty up close and it's sort of hard to see it missing. I will be sure to get more photos, but wanted to get one on the big day that it was lost. She was so excited!!!

So the Tooth Fairy will be visiting shortly:)

It's so hard to believe that we are ready for Tooth Fairy visits. Weren't we just struggling with teething? I suppose not. Another great milestone reached on this awesome journey! Congrats Kaylee McKenna!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Yay!! She is adorable with her new grin! What an exciting day for her :)