Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dear Mom


Dear Mom,

Happy Mother's Day 2011!! I've said this many times to many people, you are one of the strongest people I have ever known. While I have always known this I don't know that I truly understood my own words until I became a Mom too.

I am so blessed to be a Mom and even more so to have you as a my Mom and best friend. My children are so blessed to have you as their Mee-Maw. The amount of sacrifice you gave, in so many different ways, speaks volume of your love for me. The amount of time you spend with my children and they way you know them so well speaks volume of your love for them.

Becoming a Mom has given me a deeper appreciation for you then I ever thought possible. You have always stood by my side, you have never left me, you have been my advocate when no one else was, you survived the daily grind of being my Mom in my teenage years:), you have often times sacrificed things you truly wanted just for the betterment of my life. You have given my humor, sarcasm, love, kindness and compassion. How does one thank someone for that?

Thank you Mom for being an example to me. Thank you for loving me and my children. Thank you for always being there and holding my hand. Thank you for making me hair appointments when I couldn't find the time:) Thank you for knowing when I'm tired, for knowing when I'm stressed, for knowing when I need help, for knowing when I'm sick and mostly for always knowing what I need when I couldn't say the words.

You inspire me!

Happy Mother's Day!!

Big Love to you, Mama!!!

Stephanie

I'm so proud to be your daughter and so thankful your my mom!

No comments: