Thursday, May 26, 2011

Kaylee's new room!

For Kaylee's 6th birthday she decided she wanted her room done. Apparently her wall decor, which has pretty much been the same (there were some additions made as she got older) since she came home from the hospital was just not cool anymore! After all she is almost done with Kindergarten, so she told us:) So we agreed that she could pick out new things for her room and that would be her big birthday present from us (she did have a few "surprise" gifts on her actual birthday.). So for the past several months we have been picking out things for her room and the week of her birthday Daddy painted and we put it all together.

She LOVES it and keeps telling me she feels like she's at a hotel. It's still surreal to me as I walk in and out of a room that is a reminder my first baby is very much no longer a baby and instead a growing and changing girl. The first couple of days I almost felt as though I was in the Twilight Zone. It brought me back to the first few months of Kaylee's life when I would rock her to sleep and be teary eyed because I knew the little one I was holding in my arms would not be that way forever.

So with a new room a new chapter has started and I'm sure that this chapter will fly by as the others have so I will continue to savor each moment as best I can and enjoy Kaylee loving her new room!


From the doorway of the her room.
























From another angle of her room.























Kaylee being silly in front of her. She helped me bedazzle it!























Kaylee being silly on her bed.















































You can see her lava lamp on her dresser. On the wall, under the window, is her dry erase board. The one thing that has been in her room since she came home from the hospital. Now instead of toddler scribbles Kaylee and her friends write words on it.























Even Kaylee's American Girl Dolls, Kit and Emily, have their bed to enjoy the new room.























Apparently no 6 year old girls room is complete without a picture of Justin Bieber by their bed:)

No comments: