Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Thank Goodness!!!

School is out for the summer!!! Unfortunately for me...work is not:(. We are fortunate that we have been able to find summer companions for our girls. It works out great because they are able to take them to and from activities during the day. Since we live outside of Bloomington we can't register for summer activities until a week after Bloomington residents. When you have the flexibility to sign your children up for day classes you still have a good chance at getting into the classes you want, even if you have to wait a week to register.

They are able to spend their days going to parks, pools, the library or even just hanging out at home if the choose.

The last two summers we were fortunate to have a friend's daughter, but alas after her first year of college she is busy, busy this summer with classes, her other job, etc and it wasn't going to work out. Enter stress mode:). We were lucky because my cousin Danielle stepped up and was ready for action:). Alas she too will go to college at the end of summer. Hopefully it will work out for her to come home and hang out with us next summer, but there is a chance it may not, and yes I already stress at the thought of what we will do next year (it's a lifelong flaw I've had, I can never just be happy in the now, always worrying about what's around the corner.).

We are so fortunate during the school year to have our parents here. They are always willing to fill in on school breaks and split up the time with Brad and I. While I would love to have a job that followed the same schedule as the girls school, I don't. Knowing that our parents are there to help is a huge relief. One I don't have to stress over.

I hope to one day be able to do the same for my grandchildren. I tell Brad, often, that I will need to retire earlier then he because I will need to be able to watch my grandkids:). I know one day my girls will realize how truly lucky they are to have such awesome grandparents! They will know how blessed they have been to form relationships with them and truly know them for who they are.

I know how blessed we are to have that in our life. There are so many who don't for various reasons. I thank goodness, each day, that we are blessed with this.

No comments: