Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday!


There's been a lot of discussion around me lately (at work, on t.v., etc) of people discussing influential people in their lives. One of mine is my Grandma Duffy (a.k.a. Grams). So in tribute to her it only seem fitting to have my first blog post be a "Happy Belated Birthday" to her. She turned 86 in Feb. and in true Grams style we had a Princess Party. Kaylee is still talking about making crowns. So here is my tribute to my Grams.....

All the things I needed to learn in life I've learned from my Grams:

1. A party isn't a party without a theme and a pinata.
2. You don't get your seat back unless Mom (aka Grams) sent you to do something.
3. If you have 8 kids and you want to use a candy bar to make sure they are accounted for, do that before you leave the store.
4. Days of Our Lives is a family tradition.
5. Everything always works out in the end.
6. We all have alter-egos....Mrs. Meanie.
7. Teaching others to share can be profitable.
8. You gain more wisdom through life experiences then you ever could a textbook.
9. No means No especially when it comes to mints.
10. Frogs and stories in the bathroom go together hand-in-hand.

1 comment:

Myra Duffy said...

Hey Stephanie,
Loved your tribute grandma. I read it to her and she enjoyed it to. Also liked the picture of Kaylee on the beach with sunglasses. Thanks for sharing your stories.
Myra